Jenni Gregory's Comics, Art and Stuff

The digital home of cartoonist Jenni Gregory

Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Today was a good day

Today was one of those days were everything just went right. We got to spend most of today all together as a family…a MAJOR rarity. Because we didn’t know how the day would go, I didn’t have to go to my shift. As it turned out, we were all done by 10:00–when I would have had to start. Of course that’s how is works.
Best of all I got to spend lots of time with Barry and the kids all together. Most days we are lucky to get 2-3 hours together. Today it was just awesome.

We had a doctors appointment…those are always scary for me. I guess I half expect to get sent to the hospital again each time. But everything today was good news.

We are a little over 32 weeks!! Wow. Almost over. We now have anywhere from …well…now until 6-8 weeks. Most likely we’ll get induced somewhere around week 36-38 like with Chloe and Fox so that puts us in about another month.

All my numbers were great. I measured fine…they don’t seems to be any worries about a huge baby. My blood pressure was great…120/78. My weight…well, that always sucks. And all my blood sugar numbers were fine. In fact, my doctor cut me back to only taking my sugars 2 times a day rather then the 4!! This was a big relief to me. It’s not so much the testing hurts, it’s just a pain in the butt to do…I have to carry my little tester kit with me…break it out an hour after eating…just a hassle. But things are looking bright.

So far, nobody has brought up dates for an induction. I haven’t asked. I did ask one doctor if there was any chance I could just go natural and he basically said with my history that wouldn’t be allowed to happend. Daggit. I know being induced is essetially the same as regular labor, but part of me just has this idea of us jumping up in the middle of the night with labor pains and rushing to the hospital instead of already being hooked up to an IV and waiting for the contractions to start. In the end the only thing that matters is a healthy baby.

After we floated out of the doctors office, Barry, the kids and I stopped by this kids furniture store I happened to have driven past on my way to the mall last week. Glad we did. We ended up buying this really cute bunk bed. I think it will be really versitile for Chloe and eventually Molly. The bed has lots of storage space (yeah!), book cases and a desk for next year when Chloe needs her own computer.

We made sure she would climb up and down the ladder. She did fine.

It was a lot easier this time looking at furniture. Last time we chanced it, Chloe wanted nothing to do at the furniture store. She could have cared less. This time, she hopped on a couple different beds.

After we forked over far to much money on the bed, we went out to lunch to have PIZZA! (Yummmm!) I could happily eat pizza any day of the week.

We went to buy some fish for Chloe’s 40 gallon fish tank…but that wasn’t to be. We couldn’t get any help, and Chloe started acting like a pill. So we left and came home.

Both kids were worn out. They fell asleep shortly after the car started for the trip home. Luckily we got them both inside and back to sleep they went. All in all, they took a nap for about 31/2 hours! Tired monkeys! I was feeling pretty beat myself, so Chloe and I snuggled on the bed and I snoozed for about an hour and a half.

Pure bliss.

Today was a good day!

posted by admin at 4:35 pm  

No Comments »

No comments yet.

RSS feed for comments on this post. TrackBack URI

Leave a comment

Powered by WordPress

%d bloggers like this: